Skip to content
- Shower, exfoliate and shave before your tanning session.
- Avoid Dove brand products (they tend to leave a residue).
- Don’t apply moisturizer, deodorant, oil or makeup before your tanning session, as they can effect tan development. If you have to wear deodorant or moisturizer, use sparingly and we can clean it off before your session.
- Wear a dark colored swimsuit or underwear. If you prefer, you may also tan nude or partially nude.
- Remove all jewelry.
- Get your manicure or pedicure before your appointment—soaking your hands and feet in water afterwards will soak away your tan.
- Don’t get waxed directly after your spray tan or any time before your initial shower.
- Eyelash extensions are okay to have on and do not affect your spray tan. However because of the way eyelash extensions are applied, it is recommended that they be applied before your spray tan appointment. They can be applied the same day, as long as it is before your spray tan! This is because of the gel pads/tape that is used in the application process.
- For best results, let your spray tan soak on your skin for 8-10 hours before showering.
- Wear dark loose fitting clothing for the 8-10 hours while tan develops.
- Avoid sleeping or sitting for long periods with your skin touching (such as your hand resting on your leg or face while sleeping).
- You will not be able to swim, shower or exercise for 8-10 hours. Avoid sweating if possible.
- After 8-10 hours you can shower normally, do not exfoliate. It is best to use a mild shower gel, preferably moisturizing.
- You will see color washing off when you shower. Don’t panic! The color you see sliding down the drain is only bronzer!
- Apply a moisturizer once or twice every day; this will maximize the length of your tan.
- Avoid exfoliating skin, this will cause faster fading. Bar soaps and alcohol based soaps or lotions will also cause tan to fade faster.
- If you are going to be in the sun, wear a moisturizing sunscreen! If you get sunburnt and your skin peels, so will your tan!